Thursday, August 9, 2007

Tita Kimmie

I have a new name that I am very fond of...Tita Kimmie. (aka Aunt Kimmie in the language of the Philippine). My heart melts whenever I hear "Tita Kimmie..." Zeahne just started kindergarten this past week. He loves it. He is very smart and his English already is amazing!

I have met a few of their friends here on base. Chris's friend that he is going to Iraq with, Reuben and his wife Debbie. Zeraline's fellow Filipino friend, Melody who has a 6 week old baby girl.

Debbie's first question to me was "Do you like to go clubbing?" I said no, but most anything else yes:) we talked about snorkeling, so hopefully we can hang out and get to know each other. she has 4 children. a set of4 year old twin girls and two boys 8 and 9. She is from Panama. She is very excited because all of the kids are in school now! Be praying that there is an opportunity to invite her to be part of the bible study.

Melody is very quite and reserved. She let us borrow their boogie boards when we went to Bellows. She met her husband on the internet. I think me being a nurse helped open a door to her, she has a lot of questions for me regarding her baby and herself. She is longing for friendships. Zeraline was taking a nap while Chris was sleeping due to working night shift and Melody came over and came inside and fed the baby and we talked for 1/2 hour and then she left. She invited me over when I get bored.

Please be praying that I am able to share God's love with both of these women and Zeraline. The first three days I was a little useless regarding helping Zeraline due to jet lag. you have to love looking at the clock and seeing 5pm and feeling like it is 11pm...throws you off a little;) I took Zeahne to school this am and we picked him up this afternoon. I am helping around the house...trying to not to step on toes. I told her to feel free to be open with me, if i am doing something that she doesn't want me to do to please tell me! Please be praying that our communication would be open and effective!

I am having trouble getting my computer to access internet from Chris's cable at home. Once I figure out what is going on or I can get to a free wi fi area in Honolulu i will add pictures that help tell the stories:) I got the bus schedule from the base and have a temporary pass for base while we work on an extended pass for me. The pass allows me to be able to drive off and on base without chris or zeraline in the car but i do not have any base privileges like going to the BX, commissary, gym...etc...

The weather....ahhhhhhhhhhh the weather....it is 80-90's but the trade winds that blow constantly keep it nice and refreshing. you don't feel hot in this weather. it is grand!

No comments: