Monday, August 20, 2007

40, new hope, bible study with zeraline

40: 40 what?...bucks, fish, hours? 40 what? well... so on Friday we went hiking...see previous blogs to read about that. What I didn't realize was that by combining sweat, water, mud, heat, and tropical rainforestey area, that people, is a great equation for MOSQUITOES!!!! yeah...that is right folks...40. 40 BUG BITES on my arms, legs, and upper back. Praise the Lord that none got UNDER my clothes...that would have been horrific! AHHHHH! anyway...i am an itching crazy lady right now. i got that anti-itch cream stuff from walmart and 4 hours of peace and then the itchy came back with an intensity that should be criminal! not gonna use the cream anymore...deal with constant itching rather than relief and then TORTURE! Joy of hawaii...hah...nah...just joking...I would take 40 bug bites and constant itching to be here...I kept hearing before i left...you will not want to come home. well....that may be true! it may be REALLY hard to get on that plane in January!:)

New Hope: Went to a church this am called New Hope Leeward. it is a rather large church that is in 3 different locations, with the newest location starting today. my location was in a regal theater and they have a community center were the main gathering is at. It reminded me somewhat of Apex with the music and atmosphere. The message was by Alec Shimizu.
Living an Audacious life Acts 8:26-39
*The holy spirit leads us Acts 8:26-29 (the spirit told philip, go to that chariot and stay near it.)
*The holy spirit helps us to understand scripture Acts 8:30-25; 1 cor 2:10; john 14:25-26 - (philip was only able to help the Ethiopian understand what the scripture said because he had studied that scripture and stored it in his heart and with the help of the holy spirit was able to have an understanding of it.)
*The holy spirit empowers us to do God's will Acts 8:36-39 (philip was a jew and wouldn't normally socialize with a well to do Ethiopian eunuch. philip went up to him because the holy spirit gave him boldness and the eunuch invited him in.)
He encouraged us to look at what our boundaries are (what is keeping us from sharing with others) and once we have identified those boundaries to pray and ask the lord for boldness and to remove those strongholds! Who in my life needs me to share Christ with them and because of boundaries I do not!
He ended with Matt 28:19-20 - the great commission and zech 4:6 - operate within the spirit "...by my spirit..."

Bible study with Zeraline: Zeraline and I had our first bible study on Wednesday and we started the book Discipleship essentials. it went very well and i was very challenged by her child like faith. We were talking about how we know that we have certain abilities through Christ but do we have the faith and boldness do act. I was telling her that i don't know if I do and she looked at me and said why not? The bible says that we have them so we do. so just do it! WOW! It was very good! I look forward to our next meeting this week!

No comments: