Sunday, August 5, 2007

Breakfast anyone?


I have a theory...people should not be aware that 4 o'clock comes twice a day. I was very aware of it yesterday. My dear friend Tamara had an international flight out of dayton at 8am, so i picked her up at 4:45am. I got back to the house around 6:45 and decided that it was a great day to cook breakfast. So i mixed together what i needed and part of the instructions was to put a stick of butter in a pan and melt it in the pre-heating oven. I have made this recipe numerous times and it turns out perfect and yummy. So, i am melting the butter. All of a sudden I hear a pop from the oven and I know that the butter is a little to hot, so i open the oven with the intent to pull the pan out and let the butter cool down and mix the rest of the recipe together. yeah.... i opened the oven and I saw flames. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! scary!!!! I promptly shut the oven door to decrease the amount of oxygen that the flames were able to suck in. I remembered that we have a fire extinguisher under the sink. Don't know who's it is but I am very thankful that we have it! Grabbed that and fiddled with it for a second or two to figure out how to fire it and in the meantime shot the kitchen with fire extinguisher goo. figured it out, opened the oven door and promptly sprayed the crap out of the oven. The smoke alarms are going off, brooke is flying out of bed to investigate, kari is blissfully ignorant of what is going on, and Amy had the pleasure of missing out on this lovely experience. no need to say it but I ate cold cereal for breakfast:)

No comments: