Thursday, August 9, 2007

Aloha!

Aloha Everyone. I was sent off with a grand farewell at the Columbus airport...with singing and dancing..a site few will likely forget. My four hour flight to Phoenix was uneventful and delightful.

I do have a question though. While looking out my window from 34,000 feet up in the sky, why is it that the crops below make circles, and if not full circles they are "cut" in pie shapes (half circles, 1/4, etc..)? just a question if anyone knows:)

I landed at 12:30 and then had a 4 hour layover in Phoenix where I met a woman who was flying to Honolulu to be with her daughter who is due in 2 weeks and she is going to stay for 6 weeks. We shared testimonies and it was a blessing to meet her. Don't tell the airport but we watched each other's bags while the other went and got food and took care of some business:) I then boarded at 4:20pm after a 20 min delay due to waiting on a crew member. I sat next to a woman who had a 1 month old child in her arms and 4 year old sitting in the window seat. Her husband is in the Navy and she was flying back to Hawaii after picking her 4 year old up from g-ma and g-pa's after he was there for 3 months while mommy was on bed rest. This six hour flight was also uneventful. I was able to capture a few moments of the sunsetting over the pacific and will soon post that when I am able to use my computer for e-mail.

I was waiting at baggage claim for my luggage looking to see if I could see Chris. I was so excited to finally see him and to meet Zeraline and Zeahne (pronounced zan like van) face to face. I saw Chris walking around the corner and there in tow was zeraline and zeahne! I gave chris and quick hug and promptly pushed him aside and gave zeraline a giant hug (probably scared her a little). Zeahne was playing shy and stayed behind his mommies back for a while. I do have to admit...i cried. it was so wonderful to finally see them...i mean....i had dust in my eye and that is why there were tears:) hehe!

So I arrived Monday night at 7:40pm Hawaii time (1:40am our time on Tuesday am). I stayed up until 11:00pm Hawaii time to adjust quickly.

Travel day is over and now it is time to have fun and relax in the hawaii sun! wooohoooo!

No comments: