Thursday, August 2, 2007

hawaii






Hello Everyone!

well...I can not believe it but the time to pack and leave is 5 days away! wooooooooohoooooooooooooooooo! holy cow those 3 months went really fast!

God has been doing some amazing things in my life these past three months. Just to catch some people up:) I am going to Hawaii for 5 months because my brother, Chris, who is in the air force, is going to Iraq and while he is gone his wife, Zeraline (aka Thata) is due to have their 2nd child (a girl:)). So, I am moving there for those 5 months he will be gone and am going to serve her and be an encouragement and help her in whatever way I can. I was planning on finding a job while I was there but after three months of searching that is proving to not be God's plan as of yet. I am going now with the intent to start a women's bible study among the military wives/community that we are living in.

These last three months have been a stretching and growing time but most importantly a faith building time. Every time I have turned around, God has been there with an open door! Wow!

Two Sundays ago, July 22, was a very hard day. I was really being bombarded with doubt, freaking outness (my own word:), struggling with not having control, and loneliness. I knew that it was the devil but I still continued to have a very emotional day. Instead of going to Target Dayton to serve with my house church, I decided to drive a little north of columbus and meet a friend from Cleveland who was gracious enough to come and spend the afternoon with me. I called Joan from house church and told her about my plans and that I would not be there that day and she ended up having to tell me that my house church was throwing me a going away party and that I had to be there. How great is God that in the time i was feeling so low and doubting, he would send my brothers and sisters to rally around me and pray for me and send me forth as a missionary to the community in which i will be living! Also today at work, my co-workers made a beautiful book of pictures and well wishes for me and decorated my little work space in between the two rooms i was taking care of! what a blessing they are! Constant encouragement and love from God through all my friends and family! I am blessed.

So due to going as a missionary, my house church, family, and friends contributed money that would enable me to go and not have to get a job but focus on serving the community and my sister in law and family!

Between those donations and what I have already saved I have enough to pay my monthly bills for the 5 months that I will be gone! PRAISE THE LORD!

In order to keep everyone up to date on what is going on I have started an e-blog this is new to me and different than myspace or facebook in that you do not have to sign up to read it. I will update it frequently with pictures and videos of my time in Hawaii! my web address is http://ksholli1979.blogspot.com/ all you have to do is put that in the web address area and it will bring up my page!

If you are feeling lead to contribute to my mission, please feel free to send all donations to Apex Community Church and write my name in the comment line (Kimberly Holliday). The money that is donated is tax deductible and I will receive everything that is given in my name even after I am gone. The address is:

Apex Community Church
5200 Far Hills Ave.
Kettering OH 45429
937-432-9022.

Thank you all for love, support, and encouragement! I look forward to this time that God has provided for me to serve my family and grow closer to him!

thank you and love you all:)
~ kim

p.s. please feel free to send this to anyone who i forgot to send it to!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.