Wednesday, January 30, 2008

What ya been up too?

Chris should be coming home today!!!! He has been out of Iraq for a couple of days and should fly into Honolulu today! woohoooo! so very excited! There will definently be some pictures posted soon:)

My poor roommate Amy has a diagnosed case of the flu! Ready or not it is here! Load up on fruits and vegetables and vitamins! Wash your hands a lot!


This week was a bit of a struggle:) I did mostly well with my TV/DVD fast....I succeeded except for 1 episode of LOST. Other than that....no TV or Movies! wooohooo! So my goal this week is moderation:) no more than 2 movies and no more than 2 TV shows.


LOST is back this thursday! so very excited for that!

I memorized my verses! Bible study was challenging in the fact that I had a hard time doing it. you would think with all the extra time I had not watching tv that I would find time for bible study.....wrong! Praise that Lord that Jesus didn't have a hard time dying on the cross for me or I would be in trouble! So, still working on that daily! I have a new bible verse to memorize for this week. Proverbs 5:21 "For a man's ways are in full view of the Lord, and he examines all his paths." I also want to limit my eating out and cook more at home. I plan on making Beef Stroganoff, Adobo, Manwich, Chicken and green beans (filipino style:) and those should last for the week with left overs:)






I actually made the adobo last night and it was very yummy! Adobo is a filipino dish i learned from my sister-in-law. I have some pictures and will also add the recipe i found on-line.

Garlic Chicken Adobo:
50 min 15 min prep
Serves 6
2 lbs chicken wings (i used a pound of boneless chicken breast chopped in pieces)
1 head garlic, coarsely chopped (I used 4 cloves of garlic and just about ran brooke and amy out of the house:()
1/2 cup onion, coarsely chopped
1/4 cup soy sauce
1 tablespoon ground black pepper
2 cups water
1/2 cup vinegar (rice vinegar or white wine vinegar work best)
2 bay leaves
2 tablespoons cooking oil
Directions:
Put vinegar, bay leaves, pepper, soy sauce, onion and water in a saucepan. Cover and cook slowly about 15 minutes.
Meanwhile, heat the cooking oil in a large, heavy-bottomed frying pan. Peel the garlic, break the cloves into chunks, and brown them over medium-low heat (about 5 minutes).
Add the chicken to the frypan and brown it over medium-high heat (about 5 minutes).
Add the broth to the frypan and simmer, partly covered, until the chicken is done (about 30 minutes). Do not let it come to a boil.
Remove the bay leaves and serve over rice.
( I didn't have bay leaves....and it still tasted yummy:)

I also went and visited my bestfriend Tisha and her daughter Myah! so darn cute! she is getting so big and i can't wait until abby is that big:) wooohooo!



Mommy took this picture of cute Myah:)


Mommy and Myah who looks a little tired:)



Whoa...wait a minute what is this lady doing? Obviously me and a stunned Myah with mommy looking on in the background:)

No comments: