Wednesday, October 3, 2007

tamara visits!

My friend tamara flew in from a business trip to L.A. on friday night. She came back and stayed through tuesday evening with us at Hickam. It was wonderful having her here with us! Saturday we did the drive around the coast and went to church. Sunday we went to the Filipino church and then went to paradise cove luau that night. Monday we hiked to Manoa Falls in the pouring rain, drove on roundtop Rd, and finished the east coast part of our coast tour. Then we went to Waikiki and walked around and drove to Ala Moana and walked some more! Tuesday we went and did the whole pearl harbor thing. very sobering and very neat. Overall it was a fantatstic time to have her here with us! She was a blast and we had a great time! Here are some pictures that show the fun!






Tamara on the Wai'nae side of the island

Tamara and I at Pali Lookout

I think it is now a tradition that if you go up to Pali Lookout, you MUST swing on a vine:) wooohooo!



fierce spear throwing going on at the Lu'au.


Tamara's turn!


See Tamara's left hand? She just made that Lei bracelet! it was much fun!


Tamara and I at Paradise Cove beach waiting for the show to begin!


This guy was getting ready to climb a coconut tree! it was very neat to see it done!


sunset at Paradise Cove beach



I was nominated by my table to go and do the hula in front of 900 people! Oh what fun! I am fourth from the left on the left row (don't count the band member in that fourth)


A very wet Tamara and me on the rainy trail of Moana Falls!


The sweet lookout on Roundtop rd.


Tamara has officially drank out of a coconut!


and so have I!


after tour the submarine Bowfin I was really tired so i just climbed in bed!


hey there submate


can you believe they put me at the guns?


Here is the Arizona Memorial from a view finder on the Bowfin


Here is the Missouri from a view finder on the Bowfin


here is the uss missouri


look at those guns!


here is the control room with all the lights off and the blue lights on that are used when at sea.


Tamara and myself at a great little tea room in Manoa


Tamara and Zeahne having fun!


No comments: