Monday, September 24, 2007

vain and prideful...

so this past week proved that I am a vain person with a pride issue. the whole face rash thing went haywire...by Wednesday my face was twice its normal size....TWICE! it was huge and swollen...and very horrific looking. needless to say...i did not leave the house at all this week from the time I got home sunday to until Friday evening ( the exception being taking and picking zeahne up from school...staying in the car the entire time and going to see the urgent care doctor). I hope i never have to go through that again. I passed up going to a bible study that I was so excited about going to because I didn't want people to stare at me. then i got to thinking about how people with facial deformities or any kind of "difference" face that kind of fear every day. I was so disappointed in myself that I would let something like a stupid face rash keep me from enjoying fellowship and worship. Then I started to think about if a little rash put me on the sideline...what would I do if something big came? Just a little thought. Am I willing to go out looking like a freak in order to trust God and enjoy His blessings that He has given me and the plan He has for me? Or am I so focused on me and what I look like that what God has planned doesn't matter?

Praise the Lord the rash is gone. thank you for your prayers! no more mangos for me:( Zeahne is getting better....still has a cough...but that isn't stopping him from going swimming and playing on the play ground!

Zeraline and I have been talking about baby stuff. she is 35 weeks! So, we have her bag and the baby's bag packed. We also talked about what we should do with Zeahne when she goes into labor. She was thinking we would just bring him with us and he would just chill out in the corner. I suggested that we find someone who can watch him until the baby is born and then I would go get him and keep him at the house. I hope it isn't a cultural thing...I guess i should ask. She doesn't like to ask people for help...sounds familiar:) hehe. so this is for sure stretching her! please be praying for us as the time comes that we can have a plan that works;)

Zeahne and I went swimming today and had lots of fun. this guy was next to us with his kid and zeahne was playing and swimming and he looked at me and said "you have a little fish on your hands." even though he is five, zeahne is so great in the water. He doesn't go out deep because he can't see what is below him and it might be a shark. (his words;) but he does flips and puts his googles on and swims around.

There have been a couple of wrecks that have hit close to home in the last week! please be careful driving. And watch out for the other guy!

No comments: